Even if you have a safe car and drive cautiously, you call still be the victim of another driver’s negligence. Five things to do right away following an accident are:
- Call law enforcement
- Obtain immediate medical care
- Record all accident information and take photos
- Notify your insurer about the accident
- Call Scott Mullins, a personal injury lawyer.
It is also wise to seek an experienced personal injury lawyer’s advice quickly. Here are two good reasons:
- Serious injuries can take time to develop. Signing a medical release immediately after a potential injury may prevent a victim from obtaining compensation for a medical condition that shows up weeks or months later. A personal injury lawyer can refer a victim to capable physicians or specialists for diagnosis and care, which cannot always be obtained in an emergency room.
- When several people-drivers, passengers and even pedestrians- are involved in a serious auto accident, injury compensation can reach insurance policy payment limits quickly. In some cases, victims who believed that medical, rehabilitation, and other bills would qualify failed to receive payment because insurance dollars simply ran out.
If you or a loved one have been involved in an auto accident, call Scott Mullins, a personal injury lawyer for legal advice.